Time to get seed started.

God Bless America

God Bless America
If you don't think so, maybe you should leave

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving


Giving Thanks is what its all about, I have so much to be grateful for I haven't a clue where to start. I would think that if we all reflect on our past and daily lives you would find more blessing that you could ever imagine.
Yeah, I know we all have some down days but we also know that there are better times ahead.
I look back on my past childhood and find such wonderful memories (good and bad) but they are all part of what we are and what we have become. I posted this photo of a wild turkey because it is the symbol of thanksgiving. Growing up we always had a roasted chicken hen, turkeys cost too much and we didn't raise turkeys. But what a feast we had with all the family, it was truly a thankful day. One of the things I remember most was having iced tea, (sounds strange huh) Not really when you realize we didn't have any ice most of the time. Growing up in the country we had no electric power, ice had to be brought from town. Every kid got a small chip of ice wrapped in newspaper, we would all run around playing in the yard and sucking on our ice chip. I think living and growing up in the rural south has a lot to do with who I am today. And I am happy knowing who I am.
Each morning when I get up I walk outside to look at the world, And say thank you Jesus for this day, thank you for all my blessing for they are great. Happy Thanksgiving !!

No comments: