Time to get seed started.

God Bless America

God Bless America
If you don't think so, maybe you should leave

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Onward Through The Fog

Thanksgiving day is now over but giving thanks is not. Be Thankful each day.
Christmas in looming near. I am happy to be part of Christ Birthday.
Our weather has turned cold and wet, but is still mild compared to you Northern folks.
But now is the time to plant onions in our area. I picked up the plants yesterday Approx. 29,400 plants. Not a lot but about what we plant most years. These are the Texas Sweet Onions. Really good and mild, you know fresh eating onions. Not those Strong make you cry type. Any way the field is ready to plant, so my son and I will be making rows and planting in the morning. I have 3 girls that plant each year for us. They are real fast and make no mistakes.
I really hope we can finish before rain starts in. Weather man says rain is possible. I will post a photo after we finish planting. Although when first planted they are hard to see, onion plants are small and have no tops.

No comments: